Saturday 21 April 2012

The story of #mysurvey continued

This is the second storify which tells of the background to the twitter survey. Deciding to start the survey was a snap decision. I was probably influenced by conversation the precious Sunday, and the thought that there was no research on this topic. If I had known that there was research would I still have gone ahead? My next post will describe the literature on this topic so far. This is the first survey using social media to look at this topic. Future posts will look at how representative the sample who participated are. If you have any questions or comments please leave them below. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Angus Carruthers21 April 2012 at 02:23

    Visiting a GP can be an anxious time for a patient. I believe that first name terms helps in establishing a comfortable environment in which a open dialogue can be better achieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting point. I'll try and explore a lot more in the next few weeks.

      Delete
  2. Blimey, and here I was thinking Twitter was just for discussing which pub to go to after shift, and stalking Keira Knightl-- um I mean following leading scientists and other such totally normal and work-related people. Cough.

    Seriously though, you're on the verge of a new scientific and social phenomenon with social-media-based research. All the best! I'll be back to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

I am reintroducing word verification to cut back on spam posts. I'm sorry if you find it frustrating,